Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wanted an Indian Girl for Marriage

A few months ago a cousin of mine came to visit me along with his friend Praveen. Both of them did their MBA from a US University and also are colleagues at work place. My cousin told me that Praveen’s parents are seriously looking for a Bride for him and are keen to get him married before he returns. I asked Praveen what happened to his living girlfriend of 3 years. I was shocked when he said “White girls are just for fun, I don’t want to marry her”. Being a woman I could not tolerate such a talk or behavior and gave him a tongue lashing. White girl or not I do not think any male should be playing with the emotions of a girl and that too after sharing a relationship with someone for over 3 years and making her believe that he is serious about her. Later I came to know that he got married before he returned to US and left his newly wedded wife with his parents. I have a feeling that he would not be informing about his marriage to his girlfriend and would still continue having relationship with her. And as expected I did not get an invitation to the wedding.  

In fact Praveen is not the only one who prefered to dump his girlfriend for a girl of his parents choice. It is noticed that many Indians even if they have studied or lived abroad prefers to marry an Indian girl. I have seen advertisements from foreigners on sites and forums and newspaper wanting to marry an Indian girl. What is that makes an Indian girl special? Is it because Indian Girls are beautiful? Is it because an indian girl can be a stable marriage partner? Is it because of her cultural and moral values? Or is there any other reason? What do you think?

Related Article Link

Why should Girls not sleep around

No comments:

Post a Comment